Homecoming – while there is no need to be paranoid in the ways forward,how things are going to shape up depends on us being careful and taking precautions.
It’s very important not to fear the virus while taking precautions.
- Avoid using elevators/lifts if possible . Definitely avoid them if they’re crowded. If you have to use them, disinfect the buttons first/sanitise your hands.
- Keep a basket at the door to empty out all objects you are carrying in from outside.
- These could include keys,wallets,bags,phone,packages.
- Disinfect the objects that you need to carry into the house with a disinfectant.
- Take care that shoes/ sandals are to be kept outside and not taken into the rest of the house.
- After bathing, put your used clothes separately in a bucket of soapy water.
- Disinfect the sink tap and flush by pouring some disinfectant over them.
- Use towels and utensils on the possibility that you could be an asymptomatic carrier.
- If it is groceries or provisions, it should be carried in and placed on a table in the kitchen specifically for that.
- Raw food,fruits etc need to be washed and stored.
- Rest of the packages which you don’t need for a few days can be put away.
- Disinfect what you need and throw away the packaging.
- Disinfect the table and your hands after you do this.
- Cough into your upper arms and not your palms. Make a habit of it.
- Disinfect common spaces and areas.
- Stay away from seniors and small children or people with low immunity.
- Stay hydrated,eat a healthy diet and get proper sleep.