E- learning or work from home has become our way of life in the Pandemic. To keep up with the race or to even hang on to life, we are required to or forced to spend more time online. This shift from working in a physical space to working online happened overnight for most of us. Our students, our teachers, our workers were forced into a situation, they weren’t prepared for. They are over looking something very important and real, which is online fatigue. If some of the following signs developed recently, after long online working or study hours, it could be warning signs of online fatigue.
- Feeling tired and drained most of the time.
- Headaches, muscle pain or eye strain.
- Disturbances in the sleep or eating pattern.
- Difficulty concentrating.
- Loss of interest in things outside your work.
- Feeling hopeless or pessimistic about work.
- Finding it difficult to spend time with family or friends.
- Feeling irritable or angry.
- Making mistakes in work than usual.
- Reduced personal hygiene.
- Procastinating, taking longer to get things done.
- Low productivity.
These symptoms should improve after one takes adequate break. If not, reach out for professional help.